March 4, 2011

Coffee keeps us going

Coffee cup - heroin of the work place.
Mmm... drugs....
A large percentage of Finnish (and others, but let's narrow the scope) start their day by ingesting some sort of coffee beverage. As we all know, caffeine is a moderate stimulant. If coffee was invented today, it would probably be regulated and only available with prescription. Coffee is the fuel for the common white collar worker. It's a social drug, just like nicotine. But it also has positive effects on your health. These are my favorite effects of coffeine (I drink tea, but it contains coffeine too):

Laxative effects - I challenge you to stay away from toilet after three cups of coffee or 5 cups of tea in the morning. If you wanna go hardcore mode, smoke few cigs too.

Coffeine is a mild diuretic - More piss -> more toilet visits -> less work!

Caffeine causes sleep disturbances - Paper at school due tomorrow? Need to finish that report at work ASAP? Drink 12 cups of coffee and you're good to go.

Two cups of coffee reduce significantly post-gym muscle pain - Caffeine consumed one-hour before going to the gym induces a 48 % decrease in pain; those who drink caffeine before the near-maximum force test have 26 % drop in soreness. Useful for all you P90X people!

And the best for the last:

Caffeine gets women in the mood for sex, especially in moderate amounts and when the women are not heavy drinkers. The chemical is also known to increase excitability in men.

Nobody cares about the negative effects, right? Anyway, here are some.

17 comments:

  1. Tea is also a healthy source of caffiene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a guy who works in an office environment, coffee definitely keeps me going

    ReplyDelete
  3. But but.. I hate coffee. The smell, the taste..
    Yuuuk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting post. Not a huge fan of coffee though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I normally don't drink coffee, but I used to drink if every morning on my drive to work. I dunno why, but it made me less likely to flip out on other drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just drinking it at the moment. Perfect stuff
    Baxxmans

    ReplyDelete
  7. now i will b taking more women on dates to the coffee shop

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just drink coffee anyways can stand tea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. coffee, the dark water of life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Coffee is fantastic, I use my Starbucks card more than any other card in my wallet :\

    ReplyDelete
  11. i always regret why i don't like coffee :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. ummm coffee. I like mine with a spot of rum...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to drink caffeine everyday for over two years and I stopped one day. After about 3 days I noticed I was full of so much more energy and felt much better.

    Thats just me though.

    I made a new set today, check it out!
    Electric Addict Set #3

    ReplyDelete
  14. i drink coffee at least two times a day... when i'm feeling sleepy, i have to drink one to keep on going through the day! :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. You also build a tolerance to caffeine, so there's really no point to keep drinking it.

    ReplyDelete